Flying Kiwi Terms and Conditions
Over the years we have carefully refined our tour processes to ensure a safe, stress-free New Zealand tour. Please take time to read our T & C's to ensure you understand how our trips work. Please get in touch if you have any questions whatsoever as we are always here to help :-)
Terms and Conditions
In respect of the flexible style of our product we cannot guarantee that any activity or amenity, especially those we have no direct control over and including those marked optional in our brochure will be available. Failure to participate in, or disputes over any such activity or amenity can in no way be held the responsibility of Flying Kiwi Wilderness Expeditions Ltd. (Flying Kiwi). Inability to visit a location, partake in an event or continue the trip as outlined in our brochure because of an unforeseeable event, weather, road condition or other inhibiting factors can in no way be held to be the responsibility of Flying Kiwi Wilderness Expeditions Ltd.
We reserve the right to make changes to our trips, without notice if necessary. Any loss or damage to our equipment through your neglect must be covered by you. If for any reason it is necessary for us to cancel your booking we reserve the right to do so. You will in such a case receive full monies back or be able to change to another trip. Additional expenses, if incurred through any of the above, will be borne by you.
If for any reason it is necessary to cancel a reservation, or you do not show for your tour departure the following will apply:
- Cancellations more than 42 days (6 weeks) prior to departure: loss of 30% of total trip fees
- Cancellations between 42 and 14 days before departure: loss of 50% of total trip fees
- Cancellations within 13 days of departure: full loss of trip fees excluding optional hires (sleeping bags, bikes)
You are also able to reschedule your tour but you must be able to provide us with a new departure date at the time of re-scheduling. Re-scheduling is not available within 7 days of departure *
- reschedule departure date more than 60 days in advance – no fee
- reschedule departure date between 59 days and 14 days: $NZ50 fee
- reschedule departure date between 13 days and 7 days of departure: $NZ200 fee
*applies to first reschedule. Each subsequent change will incur a $NZ200 fee.
We recommend you take out travel insurance covering medical expenses, personal accident, cancellation and personal property.
Please be aware that if you have booked through a third party like a travel agent, their cancellation policy and terms and conditions may differ to our own. Be sure to check their particular terms and conditions, including cancellation policy, as they will apply should your circumstances change.
PUT YOUR TOUR ON HOLD
Pass is valid for up to 2 years. A Flying Kiwi trip is the only transport option to be valid for 2 years. This provides great flexibility if you want to enjoy some long breaks in a few spots. Spend a ski season in Queenstown, live the beach life in Coromandel for 6 months or help in conservation projects - you have the flexibility to break up your trip in the best way that suits you. Please note that if you put your tour on hold with the intention of re-joining in the following year(s) we need to know this at the time of booking as seats in peak season sell out months in advance. The decision to ‘put your tour on hold’ cannot be made mid-trip.
Exclusion of Liability
- All optional activities offered during the tour are operated by independent companies and are an additional cost to the tour price (unless stated otherwise in itinerary). We carefully select well established, professional companies who assume all responsibility for their safety and satisfactory delivery. Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. All excursions are supplied by third party suppliers and are subject to their own terms and conditions. For any excursion or activity that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
- Passengers accept that their are degrees of risk involved with on tour activities such as hiking, swimming, cycling, ball games or snorkeling.
- No passenger will be permitted to embark or continue on tour whilst their mental/physical condition is, in the opinion of any representative of Flying Kiwi, may render them incapable of safe conduct, or they become objectionable to other passengers, or a hazard to themselves or other passengers. Flying Kiwi will not be responsible for expenses resulting in such persons being precluded from completing the tour.
Government regulations forbid smoking in tourist coaches. The majority of hostels also are non-smoking.
We strongly recommend passengers take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Your insurance should provide cover against personal accident, medical expenses, emergency repatriation and personal liability as well as any adventure activities not covered under a standard insurance policy. Flying Kiwi are not liable for any lack of insurance on your behalf. You can get a travel insurance quote from World Nomads by completing your requirements into the left side of this page.
Accident Compensation Commission (ACC)
If you are injured whilst in New Zealand ACC may be able to help with the cost of treatment whilst you're in New Zealand. However, it is important to note that you cannot sue for personal injury - ACC replaces that right. In addition, ACC only covers treatment/rehabilitation costs whilst in NZ and is not a replacement for travel insurance.
Fitness and Medicals
Some activities require a reasonable level of fitness. Passengers should be of reasonable health and fitness and carry all required medication. Flying Kiwi must be advised of any prior medical conditions at time of booking.
WEBSITE, BROCHURE & ADVERTISING
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the advertising, brochure and website information and prices at the time of printing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check the price and all other details of your chosen arrangements with us at the time of booking. The information and prices shown on our website and in our brochures may have changed by the time you come to book your arrangements.