Tours New Zealand - Tour Guide Roles
Flying Kiwi specialise in tours of New Zealand beyond the tourist trail.
Do you love nature, camping, hiking, cycling and sharing the best of New Zealand with the rest of the world?! Then keep reading...
TOUR LEADER/DRIVERS - Class 2, P
If you are passionate about New Zealand and the great outdoors and relish the opportunities and challenges that adventure travel creates we want to hear from you! Flying Kiwi is a popular choice for travelers and great guides are key to the success and continued growth of our business. Working with us you will be part of a close knit team working together to offer the highest levels of customer service.
With 2 great guides on every bus (Tour Leader and Tour Guide) you won't be out there doing it alone, together with your Tour Guide you'll lead a tour full of fun and adventure around New Zealand.
When part of the Flying Kiwi family the focus is on a professional and enjoyable working environment with benefits including:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training and support provided
- Two staff on every bus (Tour Leader/driver & Tour Guide)
- Small group sizes (max 26)
- Structured 27 day on 9 day off work schedule until the end of April 2021
If you have a great personality, are enthusiastic and professional with a NZ Residency or work visa and a NZ Drivers licence with a minimum of Class 2 and "P" endorsement then we want to hear from you. Send us your CV and a brief intro as to why you want to join the team of New Zealand's Outdoor Adventure Specialists!
We provide quality camping, hiking and cycling adventure tours of New Zealand through our specialist itineraries, and need an enthusiastic Tour Guides to join our award winning team for the 2020/21 summer season.
Tour duration from 14 - 28 days, with rostered breaks between schedules. The tours comprise both North and South Islands and have a start and finish in Nelson (at the top of the South).
The main responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Tour Leader in the successful day to day running of the tours
- Engaging and involving customers in the Flying Kiwi experience
- Explaining the history, geography, culture and fauna of New Zealand
- Organising accommodation and activity bookings and transfers
- Meal preparation and cooking for up to 28 people in accordance with our food safety plan
- Some guiding experience is preferred, though full training will be provided
- A love of camping, nature and adventure
- A knowledge and passion for all things New Zealand
- A friendly, outgoing and confident personality
- Good problem-solving skills and an ability to think for yourself
- You must be organised and have excellent time management skills
If you are a highly motivated, organised, outgoing and adventurous person with excellent communication skills, we want to hear from you.
Let us know why you'd be great for the role by sending us your CV via email here.